LITTLE ABOUT MCDONALD’s –
WHY CHOOSE MCDONALD’S FRANCHISE? – One of the biggest well-known hamburger QSR International Chain on the planet started by owners Richard McDonald (passed on July 14, 1998) and Maurice McDonald (passed on December 11, 1971), together known as the McDonald Brothers, were American entrepreneurs founders of the fast-food company McDonald’s.
Started their full-fledged outlet on 15 April 1955 in San Bernardino, California, United States. they first started as a drive-through chain and after becoming popular among people, they started loving their hamburgers and the Mcdonald’s franchise born from there.
The chicken hamburger got instant hit among food lovers in the drive-through after that, business got a boom in some time and became the best selling burgers in town.
After that, they started opening their own food franchise, people loved their chicken burgers across the globe.
McDonald’s completed 25 years in India. first McDonald’s restaurant opened in Delhi in 1996, from there till now they are having a network of over 160 restaurants across India.
With sales of approximately 15.48 billion Indian rupees in the fiscal year (2020). and currently operating in 100+ countries. Currently, McDonald’s has around 38,000 stores and serves 7 crore people each day.
As a result, they are having various varieties of chicken hamburgers according to countries’ regional tastes on their menu and they have also created an R&D team to originate new flavors and varieties of hamburgers.
SOME OF THEIR FAMOUS HAMBURGER INNOVATION IN INDIA ARE –
- McAloo Tikki Burger.
- McSpicy Paneer Burger.
- McSpicy Chicken Burger.
- Mexican Cheesy Fries.
- Chicken Chatpata Kebab Naan.
HOW BUSINESS MODEL OF MCDONALDS WORKS –
They use FOCO FRAMEWORK in their business model.
FOOD PREPARATION AND DISTRIBUTION – food is prepared 80% in one Hub Spot and only needed to cook the last stage 20% in outlets. food gets distributed in the McDonald’s franchise through the vehicle.
- This procedure helps to maintain food hygiene and to decrease operational costs.
- The products also get reasonable and cheaper, because of this model, the McDonald’s franchise also gets a good margin while selling products.
Their Marketing Insights: Mcdonald’s Marketing team always runs their campaigns with the latest marketing strategies and trends going around – Word of mouth, Viral marketing, Slogan marketing, digital marketing, and TV commercials.
Innovation: They created a good product line. keeping in mind that, have to leave a brands mark, in the price-sensitive market with quality products and profit margins for the Macdonald’s franchise and for the company as well.
Their Specific Target Segment –Brand majorly focuses on Tier I and Tier II metro cities, travelers, and officials. by age, all the age group can enjoy their meals.
Their Targeted Competitors – Brand is now fully into expansion mode and expanding their business and now straight focus on competition with KFC in the Indian market with their Quick Service Restaurant concept.
MCDONALD’S MENU –
ADVANTAGES OF OPENING MCDONALD’S FRANCHISE –
1) Brand Recognition – Macdonald’s is one of the leading QSR brands and recognized worldwide, by providing its customers with best-class ham-burgers and good customer service, and also introducing a various new range of dishes with best in QSR outlet Experience to the Guests.
2) Their Uniqueness – Brand core is Hamburger, so that’s why they experiment with more flavors and siders. they have created so many different styles and flavored dishes for every age group.
3) For the ease of Mcdonald’s franchise –
- DISTRIBUTOR – This is for becoming a hub spot distributor in your location, this will require a big space and kitchen.
- QUICK SERVICE RESTAURENT – A restaurant with mid sized kitchen and good sitting space with essential facilities for guests.
3) Cost Optimization – Mcdonald’s is running with low-cost business operations, molded according to the need of the market and they are having a 45-52% of profit margin in their products.
HOW MUCH PROFIT MCDONALD’S FRANCHISE OWNER WILL GET?
By becoming a franchisee you will be able to get around an average of, 2to3 times profit over the year period and you will get your break-even within 2 to 3 years, after paying all expenses from a mid-sized location, you can also make more money by selecting a high crowded place for your franchise.
REQUIREMENT AND COST FOR THE MCDONALD’S FRANCHISE IN INDIA 2022 –
First of all, because Macdonald’s, is a very well-established and reputed brand you will have to fulfill their eligibility criteria.
In order to become a franchise, you as a person are required to have high investment capacity and strong retail business experience.
Mcdonald’s is also a little expensive franchise than others but it’s worth it if selected for a good location and footfall area. If you own property in a good locality of tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 cities then you can apply for a Franchise in India.
- WORKSPACE – Space is needed around1000 to 1500 Square feet (approx. ) this would be enough sufficient for a kitchen, counter and guest space. and if you are opening with a full set up in a high footfall area in your locality then space needs may differ according to place, You will need minimum 8-10 employees to operate your Macdonald’s franchise.
- LICENCES – franchise also required some licences to run a business without any problem but don’t panic they will also going to help you out with all the licensing procedures.
- Please visit if you want to know about food licences in India – Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
•EMPLOYEES – You will need a team of trained staff in your outlet, so for that Mcdonald’s has their own training sessions and trainers and (in-class, online, and on-the-job training) and certifications for newcomers in the industry.
- Your team will learn, Guest service, and how to run kitchen department and outlet in a fast-paced environment after training.
- your staff will get trained before opening of the outlet.
- You can also check out Chai Sutta Bar Franchise as well from here – How To Open Chai Sutta Bar Franchise – 2022
INVESTMENT COST REQUIRED TO OPERATE MCDONALD’S FRANCHISE IN INDIA 2022 –
Franchise required investment –
Investment is required somewhere around (6-14 crore including all the expenses) and (5-6 crore of liquid cash for operations) depending upon the size of the outlet and commercial space within guidelines.
They approve their partner with a franchise model based on rent + revenue.
The amount can only figure out exactly when you know the space details and design of the preferred outlet.
You will also have to pay a 4-5% royal commission on the actual sales.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A MCDONALD’S FRANCHISE IN 2022 –
This is the easiest way to get in touch with them, directly regarding opening a franchise of KFC.
Mcdonald’s franchise official website – www.mcdonaldsindia.com
MCDONALD’S Franchise Contact INFO –
|Address||Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd. 1001 – 1002, Tower – 3, 10th floor, Indiabulls Finance Centre, Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road, Mumbai – 400013|
|MCDONALD’S FRANCHISE Contact Number||022 – 49135000|
|Facebook Page||McDonald’s INDIA|
Does McDonald’s give franchises?
Yes, they give franchises and their franchise earns good profits in the market.
Is the McDonald’s FRANCHISE profitable?
Yes, the McDonald’s franchise gets good returns around 2 times its investment in a year.
- Disclaimer: Exploreraditya.com doesn’t take any credit for images displayed on the site. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to references whenever possible. If you are owning ownership of any of the images and don’t want them to appear on our blog please contact us, and objected content will be removed. We feel in delivering proper credits to the original author-artist or photographer.